Female Eastern Bluebird, Wasaga Beach

Susan Menzies susanmenzies at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 15:33:27 EDT 2015

 Hello fellow birders.
Last year a pair of bluebirds successfully nested in a bluebird box, one of several erected & maintained by the Wasaga Beach Birding Club.  The parents taught the babies to forage in the conservation space & lawn behind my house some of the time.  I watched them for about 5 weeks.
At approximately 1PM today I saw a female Eastern Bluebird sitting on top of the box where the pair bred last year.  It then flew to a narrow fence post where it sat & sang so beautifully, a real treat.
The sighting took place on Klondike Park Road between Greenway Drive & Golf Course Road where the bluebird boxes are.  It is a box, approximately in the middle of the line of boxes closest to the road.
Travelling East or West on Hwy 26 from Barrie or Stayner, turn North on Klondike Park Road a kilometer East of county Rd 10 coming north out of Angus.  Klondike Park Road jogs at a T near the outdoor recreation area with Power Line Road going West or left & Klondike Park Road going East or Right.  Once you turn right it is approximately 2.2 K on your left.  It is a bit confusing so once you turn North on Klondike Park Road the total Kilometers is approximately 7.  It is just past the development called Country Meadows.  Klondike Park Road has a lot of sharp turns on it & travels North & East.
Good birding & happy migration seasonSusan Menzies,Wasaga Beach, ON