[Ontbirds] OFO Skunk's Misery Trip

Gavin Platt gavin.platt at gmail.com
Sun May 31 19:51:19 EDT 2015

The weather was unfortunately not very cooperative for the 7 brave
participants on this morning's Skunk's Misery trip. Other than a brief
period of around 1 hour, rain was constant and heavy.

In between showers, we managed to get good looks at Blue-winged and
Chestnut-sided Warblers and several Indigo Buntings. A Pileated Woodpecker
was heard only for the most of the group. We later managed to track down a
silent Acadian Flycatcher, but decided had to call it a day after that
(rain and strong winds = no bird song).

Here's hoping for better weather next year.

Gavin Platt
Toronto, ON

Skunk's Misery is located in very southwestern Middlesex County, near the
towns of Newbury and Wardsville. The forest complex is bounded by
Concession Dr to the north and west, Hagerty Rd to the east and Longwoods
Rd to the south. The best birding areas are located off of Sassafras and
Dogwood (north/south) and Centreville and Trillium (east/west).