[Ontbirds] Lawrence's Warbler variant (photo link), Hastings County

Tom Wheatley wheatleytom at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 20 16:51:34 EDT 2015

Seen this Saturday morning about 8:30-9:30, north of Belleville and south of Madoc, near the village of Ivanhoe.I took some extra time at the site to look for Golden-winged Warblers, but did not see any, so your visit should not effect that species listed as Special Concern in Ontario
Photo link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94355719@N02/18808204250/in/dateposted-public/
This appears to be only the second ebird siting of Lawernce's Warbler in Ontario (and Canada) for 2015.
Ebird list with map, http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S23984655
Directions:
>From HWY 401 in Belleville, go north on HWY 62 for 29 km, turn left(west) on Wood Road and travel 3km.  Then left (south) on Twiddy Road and travel 100 meters.  The bird was singing with a dididididi-zii, but responded to GWWA song.
Local birders know me as a rather slow responder to emails.  These photos can be republished without permission.
Hastings County - "We're Mostly Harmless"
Tom Wheatley