[Ontbirds] American Avocet, Pinecrest Creek, Ottawa

Nina Stavlund festblues at ymail.com
Sun Jun 21 16:16:57 EDT 2015

Hi Birders!
We are currently looking at a preening summer plumage American Avocet at the mouth of Pinecrest Creek.We are observing it from our balcony.However, you might be able to see the bird from the Britannia Point looking southeast, or Deschenes Lookout looking southwest.You should also be able to approach a bit closer by getting onto the bike path along the Ottawa River Parkway (Sir John A. MacDonald Parkway).
Good Luck
Tony BeckAlways An Adventure Inc.http://alwaysanadventure.ca