[Ontbirds] Bruce Peninsula Field Trip June 20 and 21, 2015

ALFRED RAAB alfredraab at rogers.com
Mon Jun 22 14:58:57 EDT 2015

 We had 2 perfect days for birding the Bruce Peninsula, 15 birders on Saturday and 13 on Sunday participated.Over the two days we found 104 species, but missed some common ones.Highlights: Upland Sandpiper in Cape Crocker, Piping Plover on the nest (they all hatched on Sunday) and one along the water's edge at Sable Beach, Sandhill Cranes with young, American Bittern, Virginia Rail and Sora (both heard only), Black Terns, Olive-sided Flycatcher, great looks at Sedge Wren at two locations, Marsh Wrens, 15 Warbler species, including great looks at Canada and Mourning, found the male Hooded singing in Malcolm Bluff and many of us were able to see it high up in the trees, Vesper Sparrow, Grasshopper Sparrow, lots of Bobolinks, Meadowlarks and a few Brewer's Blackbirds. A thanks to all participants, it was a very enjoyable day. Your leaders: Cindy Cartwright and Alfred Raab