[Ontbirds] Nesting Bobolinks

Roger Lupton roger.lupton at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 26 17:05:33 EDT 2015

Hello Birders;

I have just been made aware of some nesting Bobolinks in the Gananoque area that are in imminent danger.   The landowner has told me that he has received a registered letter requiring him to cut the fields where they are nesting as they present a fire danger.  He just got off the phone with me and I told him I would try to get some assistance.

Can anyone put me in touch with someone with clout to get the cutting delayed until the birds are fledged?  I hope this isn't considered off-topic for a post?

Thanks,
Roger