[Ontbirds] Ottawa: Little Egret Update

bruce dilabio bruce.dilabio at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 6 17:20:36 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone

Unfortunately no reports today but that doesn’t mean it isn’t still in the Ottawa region. A few of us checked other areas today after leaving Andrew Haydon Park and no joy. It appears that the Little Egret may have changed its routine including where it’s roosting at night. I haven’t received any sightings today. After a month of playing hide and seek with birders and photographers it’s hard to say if it has left the area. If anyone observes the Little Egret please post to Ontbirds ASAP.

I’d like to thank all those who assisted in tracking the first Ontario record of the Little Egret, especially Ben Di Labio, Michael Tate, Arron Hywarren, Michelle and Paul Martin and all other birders and photographers too. Tomorrow is another day.  Its been an amazing experience.

Good birding,

Bruce

Bruce Di Labio
P.O. Box 538