[Ontbirds] Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Bracebridge - Not that I've heard

Lev Frid lev.frid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:37:26 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

I'm sure there are some folks out there looking for this bird. I am not one
of them, but would like to report for those who may be travelling that I
have not heard anything about it from today.

My initial observation was brief and the bird was seen heading east high
and rapidly after perching for only a few seconds. It seemed to be on the
move. The habitat along the highway is good but limited (really the only
continous open area around). It is extremely dangerous to stop on the
shoulder and even moreso to exit your vehicle. It is a very high speed
highway.

Directions:

Hw 11 can be reached via Hw 400 north from Toronto. I saw the bird while
heading southbound just north of Bracebridge near exit 189.