[Ontbirds] ISRW & Moving

Mike Williamson mdw49 at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 11 13:07:35 EDT 2015

Hello Birders & Hawk Watchers

This post has been approved by the coordinator for ONTBIRDS.

For the last 15 years I have been involved and coordinator for the Iroquois
Shoreline Raptor Watch but as of September 1st my wife Diana & I will be
moving to Kingsville ON. on the north shore of Lake Erie. It's my hope that
ISRW continues as it is a great inland site in north Whitby. We have had
years with over 12,000 raptors passing overhead plus it's one of the best
spots for Golden Eagles ( 22 ) in one day Nov. 2nd 2014 & over( 9,000 )
Broad-Wings in 2003 & ( 36 ) Bald Eagle in one day in 2007.

If anyone out there is interested in taking over it would be greatly
appreciated. I have all the records going back to 2004, the previous seasons
have somehow gone missing. HMANA also has these records archived. Contact me
at mdw49 at sympatico.ca <mailto:mdw49 at sympatico.ca>  or mdw4910 at gmail.com
<mailto:mdw4910 at gmail.com> .

Thanks I hope sincerely someone will keep ISRW up & running.

Cheers & Good Birding

Mike Williamson

Coordinator for the Iroquois Shoreline Raptor Watch