[Ontbirds] Clarification, black rail post

Dave Bailey whaler at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 12 10:13:54 EDT 2015

Okay, let's hope this ends it, we don't need the list clogged. Here is Kirk's reply to my initial post:

"Dave- Given the rarity of this species and it's extremely secretive nature you might want to consider the possibility of this bird being an immature Virginia Rail, See the link

http://www.pbase.com/image/99637125

You didn't mention that you had ruled it out in your post so I just wondered if you had considered the possibility.
Kirk Zufelt"

His link was to an excellent picture of an immature virginia rail.

Dave Bailey