[Ontbirds] Almonte: 22 Cackling Geese, Snow Goose..

k.r.allison at xplornet.ca k.r.allison at xplornet.ca
Mon Sep 28 14:16:35 EDT 2015

Hello all,

Just a note to birders visiting the Almonte lagoons. The municipality
does not want people accessing the lagoons through the gates. You should
turn right off Wolf Grove Road (the continuation of March Road after you
go through Almonte) onto Conc. 8 at the "Auld Kirk". About a half km
down Conc. 8, the Mississippi Valley Field Naturalists have a trail
(signed!). There is an opening in the fence beside the sign and a
cleared trail goes through a woodlot and out to a viewing tower that
overlooks the largest lagoon. The club has an agreement with the town -
they allow access to the tower and we maintain the train and tower.

We don't want to risk losing this access so we encourage you all to use
this access point.

Thanks,

Ken Allison
MVFN