[Ontbirds] Oakville Harlequin duck

Chris Cheatle cmcheatle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:00:54 EST 2015

The bird reported at Arkendo Park on the weekend appears to still be present. I was in the area so stopped for a quick check. I was able to locate the adult male Harlequin after brief scans.

The lake is quite rough today so it was swimming approximately 150 meters offshore at the wave break line off the east end of the park. There is no sign of the reported Goldeneye it was with, so the bird was swimming alone.

Arkendo park is off Lakeshore and Arkendo (street parking look for path between houses to lake) in East Oakville east of Ford Drive.

Chris Cheatle, Hamilton

Sent from my iPhone