[Ontbirds] Vermilion Flycatcher- Wallaceburg, ON - A Proposal for its survival

alfred adamo aadamonature at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 09:15:21 EST 2016

As there are stables on the property, could the owners be contacted and asked to leave the doors partially open until dusk so that the bird could possibly fly in and roost there for the night?  It could also spend especially cold days in there as well and there should be a steady food source present (flies, etc.).    A Phainopepla survived one winter in a barn in southwestern Ontario back in the 1970's.  Possibly there is already a gap/open window present and the bird is spending the nights there but from Stu's description this doesn't appear to be the case.

Alfred Adamo
Toronto