[Ontbirds] OFO trip - OTTAWA

Roy John r.john at rogers.com
Sat Jan 16 13:36:00 EST 2016

Folks

Despite the continuous snow and freezing conditions, 22 stalwarts found 24
species of bird in Ottawa today.  The highlights included a juvenile male
Harlequin on the Ottawa River that was hard to see at first, but finally
drifted close enough for us to get a good look. We tried for an hour to find
our second target,  a Summer Tanager, but without success.  Then we moved to
the Rideau River and found our third target, a male Barrow's Goldeneye.  We
also had superb views of a Cooper's Hawk and, at least, one Cedar Waxwing
among the Bohemian Waxwings.

Thanks to all for their cooperation.

Roy & Dave