[Ontbirds] Lapland Longspur - Oshawa (Harmony & Conlin)

michael ferguson fergmich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:39:56 EST 2016

There haven't been many longspurs in Durham County this winter so I thought
I would post this. Charmaine Anderson found these birds yesterday afternoon.

Relocated them myself yesterday as the sun went down, returned this morning
with my scope to confirm. Bruce Aitkins stopped by for a look as well.

Yesterday afternoon at 5:30 PM there were 20+ Horned Lark, 20+ Snow
bunting, 2 Lapland Longspur.

This morning at 9:30 AM 50+ Horned Lark, 1 Snow Bunting, 2 or 3 Lapland
Longspur.

Harmony has an interchange with the 401 at east end of Oshawa, proceed
north on Harmony to Conlin (northern edge of new subdivision development
along Harmony), birds in the stubble field on NE corner, often in front of
large hay bale in front of farm buildings, often scattered through fields
on both E and W sides of road, sometimes on shoulder of Harmony Rd.

Mike Ferguson