[Ontbirds] Male Barrow's Goldeneye in Hamilton

Ron & Lynda Valentine winstonrv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:14:35 EST 2016

This afternoon at 1.30 p.m. I saw a male Barrow's Goldeneye on Lake Ontario
(Van Wagners Beach Rd). It was in the company of a male Common Goldeneye
which made identification easy. When we returned from our walk along the
trail around 3 p.m. it was not in that location but is probably still
somewhere nearby. Directions- take the Centennial Parkway in Hamilton to
its end at the lake, park in the lot just to the right. The bird was near
the first rocky outcrop to the East about 100 yards from the parking lot.