[Ontbirds] Franklin's gull near Erieau

Steve Charbonneau steve.charbonneau60 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 13:04:57 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,
I just returned home from watching an adult franklin's gull feeding in a
field adjacent to McGeachy Pond just outside of Erieau.  It was present the
entire time that I was there, from 12:15 until 12:45.  The field is
currently being worked up by a tractor and there are about 200 ring-billed
gulls as well as many black-bellied plover, ruddy turnstones, dunlin, etc.
This is presumably the same bird that was found early this morning in a
field about 2 km to the west.
Take Erieau Rd southeast towards Erieau, turn right on Erie Shore Drive at
McGeachy Pond and the field is on your right.

--

*Steve CharbonneauErie Beach in Chatham-Kent*