[Ontbirds] OFO Skunk's Misery Trip

Gavin Platt gavin.platt at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:47:04 EDT 2016

Today's 10 participants on the OFO Skunk's Misery trip were treated to
great views of Cerulean Warbler, Hooded Warbler and Acadian Flycatcher, all
within the first half hour! Other highlights included Blue-winged Warbler,
Mourning Warbler, a very cooperative Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Tufted Titmouse,
Broad-winged Hawk and Yellow-throated Vireo. The species total for the trip
was not very high, but definitely a case of quality over quantity.

Interestingly, the Mourning Warbler was singing a perfect Common
Yellowthroat song. I didn't hear it sing a typical Mourning Warbler song at
all.

Thanks to everyone who came for a great morning!

Gavin Platt
Toronto, ON

Directions:
Skunk's Misery is located in very southwest Middlesex County, just
southwest of the town of Newbury. The main forest generally occupies the
area bounded by Concession Dr to the north and west, Longwoods Rd to the
south and Hagerty Rd to the east. Birding can be good along any of the
forested portions of the roads or any of the trails into the forest.
Contact me privately for directions to sites for any specific species.