[Ontbirds] Hoary Redpoll Stonehenge Golf course Bowmansville

Otto Peter opeter at rogers.com
Mon Jun 6 14:30:55 EDT 2016

This morning at 10 am while playing golf at Stonehenge golf course on
Taunton Road north of Bowmansville a very pale finch flew in and landed in a
pine tree right beside me.  At first I thought it was a leucistic American
Goldfinch but it had a red behind the forehead not black and an almost white
slightly streaked breast and belly that was cream coloured.  I asked my
playing partner who was closer to the bird  to describe it to me in case I
was seeing things but he gave the same description.  The bird flew off to
the west towards the tall trees along the first fairway. One of the
prettiest birds I have seen this year.

Stonehenge golf club can be found on Taunton road east 4 km east of Liberty
Street north of Bowmansville (exit 432 on 401).

Otto Peter