[Ontbirds] Piping Plover nesting at Darlington Provincial Park - Guardian Program

Glenn Coady glenn_coady at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:34:40 EDT 2016

Ontbirds subscribers,

The two nests of Piping Plover at Darlington Provincial Park both have 4 eggs presently being incubated. In less than two weeks, eggs from the first nest will begin to hatch and at that time we hope to have a robust volunteer Plover Guardian program in place. Eggs from the second nest will hatch just before the Canada Day long weekend.

Within the next week the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forests and Ontario Parks will be holding an orientation session in the park for all volunteers who want to serve as Plover Guardians which will be a really special opportunity to study these birds. Plover Guardians will receive courtesy passes to enter the park at no cost during the periods they volunteer.

Anyone wishing to join the team of volunteers working to help increase the potential fledging success of our Piping Plover chicks at Darlington, please feel free to contact me as soon as possible at the e-mail address below and I will send you the information on how to sign up for the coming orientation session(s) that will likely take place on June 10/12.

Glenn Coady
Whitby
glenn_coady at hotmail.com