[Ontbirds] Dickcissels west of Strathroy (Middlesex) on Winter

Quinten Wiegersma qwiegersma at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 13:30:41 EDT 2016

As of last weekend, a couple (I saw and heard 3) male Dickcissels have been singing on Winter, west of Strathroy, in Middlesex county. They have been primarily seen to the west of Napier. The birds are easily seen from the street, as they sing on the tall grasses right beside the road. The best place is the area near the dirt pile, as I had a male singing there the entire visit. Other birds of interest are Grasshopper Sparrows, Savanah Sparrows, and Bobolinks. I didn't see it, but there are also reports of an Upland Sandpiper around the area as well. Photos can be viewed on my ebird checklist.

The best way to get instructions is to use Google maps or Map Quest.
To get the exact location, visit my ebird checklist (under Middlesex).

Good luck and good birding,
Quinten Wiegersma
London, Ontario
qwiegersma at hotmail.com