[Ontbirds] Eurasian Wigeon - Porcupine Lake- near Timmins

Roxane Filion roxanefilion7 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 12 21:17:55 EDT 2016

We observed a male Eurasian Wigeon this evening (7pm) at Porcupine Lake, in Porcupine (east of Timmins).  The bird was in a little bay on the north west part of the lake.  We first saw it on shore in a friend's yard with mallards, then it flew in the lake 30 meters further in a little bay that can be viewed from the very end of Rekela street N. or the end of Ottolen street (You can access both these streets from Bristol road, which can be accessed from Hwy 101)
The bird was still in that bay when we left at 7h40pm so there is a good chance it will still be there in the morning.  If not, Bristol bay (at the end of Bristol) would be another good spot to check.
Note: As far as I know, this is the second sighting of this species for Porcupine Lake; A male Eurasian Wigeon was also spotted at Porcupine Lake on June 1, 2014.
Porcupine Lake is situated in South Porcupine, approx. 10 km east of Timmins, in Northern Ontario.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information.
Roxane Filionroxanefilion7 at hotmail.com(705)363-6568