[Ontbirds] Eurasian Wigeon - Porcupine Lake (Update)

Roxane Filion roxanefilion7 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:20:21 EDT 2016

The male Eurasian Wigeon was seen again today, at 10h30am, at Bannerman Park on the shore of Porcupine Lake (approx. 10 km east of Timmins)  The bird was on the grass with other ducks on a private property just left of the Bannerman's Park Boat launch.

Directions:  If you wish to look for the bird in the next few days, the best place would be Bannerman Park (from Hwy 101 (King st), turn on Coott lane, it's right at the end of Coott).  You can also try Bristol Road bay (Along Bristol rd. accessed from Hwy 101) or at the end of Rekela street South or the little path that leads to the lake right next to 701 Bristol Road.

Correction from yesterday's post:  This is actually the 3rd year in a row that a male Eurasian Wigeon has been observed at Porcupine Lake.  The first 2 sightings were: 1 June 2014 and 19 May 2015

I don't think there are many Ontbirds users in Northern Ontario so I won't post every time the bird is observed, but feel free to contact me for more information.

Roxane Filion
roxanefilion7 at hotmail.com
(705)363-6568