[Ontbirds] [hamiltonbirds] Common Eider back at Suncor Pier, Oakville

olivesided olivesided at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 06:13:38 EDT 2016

At 5:20 Am I relocated this bird at the distance of my scope, east of the pier.
However it has flown closer to the pier and is now resting and preening in excellent light. I got some video even.Still on east side but goes under the pier too. Not hanging with Long tailed ducks also here
What a bird Mark Jennings!
Take the QEW Toronto and exit Burloak Drive. Take Burloak to souther  terminus at Lakeshore and turn left . On your right is south shell park. Gates are closed now but will open soon. So for now park on side street.  Bird is hanging out at pier mostly but does drift about
Len Manning

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Richard Poort <richard.poort at gmail.com> Date: 2016-06-13  8:17 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Beth Jefferson <ejefferson at bell.net> Cc: Cheryl Edgecombe <cheryle29 at cogeco.ca>, Joanne Redwood <jem.redwood at live.ca>, Hamilton Birders <hamiltonbirds at googlegroups.com> Subject: Re: [hamiltonbirds] Common Eider back at Suncor Pier, Oakville
The bird is still present on the east side at the moment
Rich
On Jun 13, 2016 8:16 PM, "Beth Jefferson" <ejefferson at bell.net> wrote:

  Yes
  Joanne,
  The
  Common Eider did reappear on the west (right) side of the pier.  It swam
  back to the tip, spent much time right under that end of the pier.  The
  setting sun showed up the eider well, so that its shape & colour was
  nicely visible.   However a scope was needed.
  Thank
  you Mark for returning to help me locate this (un) Common Eider.
  The question remains: How long has this bird been here? How long will it
  remain?
  Beth
  Jefferson