[Ontbirds] OFO Field trip - 2 days in the Bruce Peninsula

ALFRED RAAB alfredraab at rogers.com
Sun Jun 19 22:30:16 EDT 2016

 A smaller group of 7 birders enjoyed a beautiful hot summer day in the Bruce Peninsula. The first day we started in Hepworth, birded Sauble Beach, nearby woodlot and the fields, Malcolm Bluff, Cape Crocker, Isaac and Sky Lake.On the second day we started at the top of the peninsula, birded Dyer's Bay and Crane Lake Rd area.We saw a total of 102 species.Highlights were:Upland Sandpiper (only 1)Brewer's Blackbird (there are very few breeding locations left), many Bobolinks,Grasshopper (1) and Clay-colored Sparrows (3), Eastern Towhee, Brown Thrasher,Mourning, Blue-winged and Golden-winged Warblers, Black-billed Cuckoo,Sedge and Marsh Wrens.In addition we enjoyed many beautiful plants, all identified by Mary Ramotar.Alfred Raabnear Lion's Head, Bruce Peninsula