[Ontbirds] OFO Rock Point Provincial Park shorebird outings

Marcie Jacklin mjacklin at brocku.ca
Mon Aug 29 08:00:18 EDT 2016

Hello

Eleven OFO members showed up for a shorebird outing today. We covered Port Colborne, Rock Point Provincial Park, Mosaic Ponds and Grimsby.

We recorded 43 species which included 14 species of shorebirds. The highlights were Buff-breasted Sandpiper, American Golden Plover, Bairds Sandpiper, Wilson’s Phalarope, 2 Peregrine Falcons and 4 species of warblers.

We had a long day (ended at 6 pm) but the group was a lot of fun.

I would like to thank Blayne and Jean Farnan, John Black, Josh Vandermeulen and Bob Manson for scouting for us.

Cheers
Marcie