[Ontbirds] OFO Convention Updates - Have you registered?

Lynne Freeman lynnef.to at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:08:10 EDT 2016

Hello Birders,

It's just two weeks until this year's OFO Convention in Kingston Ontario.
If you haven't registered yet, now is the time to do so. There are still a
few rooms available at the Ambassador Hotel in Kingston at the very good
rate we arranged for the convention. Call 1-800-267-7880 or 1-613-548-3605 and
mention OFO.

The convention runs from Friday, September 23 to Sunday, September 25 with
many field trips to local Kingston hotspots led by expert birders. Join
us on Friday night for Birds and Beers, a fun event with an interactive
birding quiz and a talk by Mike Runtz and Mark Read. You can attend dinner
(pre-registration is required) or come later for the festivities. The AGM
and banquet is on Saturday evening and is preceded by vendor displays. The
cost to register is $60 per person. This included three days of field trips
and the Saturday banquet.

The convention is open to OFO members and guests. If you are not an OFO
member, please consider joining. Membership is $35 per year and this gives
you access to the convention, our many field trips across the province, our
two publications - Ontario Birds and OFO News and, new this year, an Ontario
Bird Checklist which you can use to track your sightings for the year. See
www.ofo.ca to join OFO and to see our convention brochure.

Convention Updates

Breakfast is now served! The Ambassador Hotel has kindly agreed to open
their restaurant for breakfast at 6:00 AM instead of their usual time
of 7:00 AM. You can now eat a hearty breakfast at the hotel before setting
off. See www.ambassadorhotel.com/restaurant-and-bar for the breakfast menu
and note that there is a breakfast buffet Saturday and Sunday.

Wine is not served! In order to keep the convention price as low as
possible we have decided to discontinue the complementary wine at the
table. The feedback we received was that not everyone drank wine and
overall members would prefer to keep costs down. Wine is of course
available at the cash bar.

Some people have expressed interest in carpooling. We are exploring the
possibility of a sign up sheet or notice board at the hotel so people can
find rides. Stay tuned for more information on this.

Lynne and the OFO Board

--
Lynne Freeman
OFO President