[Ontbirds] Lapland Longspurs, Algonquin Highlands

tracy patterson frankp1112 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:48:11 EST 2017

At 3:15pm today I noticed two birds under our front feeders that I didn't recognize.
Lapland Longspurs!
A new yard bird for us and a first time seeing this bird ever!
They fed close to eachother, on the ground under the feeders for approx 20 minutes.
We are located just off Hwy #35, 8 kms north of Carnarvon, 20 kms before Dorset.
If anyone wants to see them, they are welcome to email me to make arrangements.
As I finish typing this, they have come back to the feeders and here now.
Tracy Patterson

Sent from my iPhone