[Ontbirds] Greater White-fronted Geese Ridgetown S.T.P.

Blake A. Mann boatmann at kent.net
Sun Mar 12 13:42:13 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Although there is quite a bit of ice, waterfowl is abundant at Ridgetown
sewage lagoons.  Of note, 10 Greater White-fronted Geese were in the SE pond
(as seen from the viewing stand on the south side of the road).  They were
difficult to see as they were right against the berm.  Seen just over an
hour ago.

Over 2000 Tundra Swans were present, mostly in the north cell behind the
treatment building.  I looked for "Bewick's" to no avail!

Lots of ducks are in the south pond at the viewing stand, but in the far
corner.

Rondeau Park was rather quiet today and fewer ducks on the Bay visible from
the park.  I did not see the Eurasian Wigeon of last week.  There were
actually two males last weekend!

Directions:  Ridgetown Lagoons Directions:  Highway 401 exit #109 south on
C-K Rd. 20 to Gosnell Line.  Turn right and go to intersection at grain
elevator. Jog left to Mitton Line and go about 400m.  Viewing stand on left,
or go a bit farther to treatment plant on right and go into lane to view
north lagoons.

Cheers,

Blake A. Mann
Wallaceburg, Chatham-Kent