[Ontbirds] Trumpeter Swans on the Rideau

Beryl Young cordelia1924 at icloud.com
Mon Mar 27 18:04:03 EDT 2017

Trumpeter Swans have been eating and resting on the Rideau River at Lower Reach Park in Smiths Falls for the last week or so.  I watched a group of seven Trumpeters at the river a few days ago and saw two today from my kitchen window.  There are probably more.  There's a juvenile Bald Eagle in the area as well.  I've seen him three times in the last week, including today.  There are also Hooded Mergansers.  I also spotted a hawk today - possibly a Cooper's Hawk - on my neighbour's TV antenna.  He was there for a while and obligingly posed for numerous photos.

Beryl Young

Sent from my iPad