[Ontbirds] Townsend's Warbler near Rondeau Tuesday - YES

Steve Charbonneau steve.charbonneau60 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:32:06 EST 2017

Hi Everyone,
I thought I had better report that the Rondeau area Townsend's warbler was
still present this morning.  Mike Bouman saw it fly in (from the west) and
land high in a bare tree near the corner of Second and Centre Streets at
8:45.  Four of us searched diligently for the next 2 hours to no avail.
Finally, at about 10:45, it was refound along Third Street halfway between
Bates and Centre, much to the delight of the 7 of us assembled.  It fed
high in the cedars for about 8 minutes and then flew back to the original
intersection where it was seen briefly and then we lost it.  It is moving
around a lot the past 3 days, probably due to the warmer weather and
availability of food.  The Ross's goose seen yesterday was out on the lake
again today with about 1000 Canada geese, a bit north of Fifth St.

Steve

It's important to note that Rondeau Park itself was closed today due to
deer management and it will be closed the following dates:  Thursday Nov
16, Sunday Nov 19, Tuesday Nov 21 and Thursday Nov 23.  This does NOT
include the area in which the Townsend's warbler is being seen.