[Ontbirds] Eastern Towhee in South Porcupine

Roxane Filion roxanefilion7 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 10 16:56:46 EST 2017

There is currently a female Eastern Towhee visiting a feeder in a private yard in South Porcupine (10 km east of Timmins) The bird was found by Andrew Warren on December 8th and I was able to observe it today with fellow birder Pierre Noel.  Cochrane district doesn't have many records of Eastern Towhee (I am aware of only 4 other records for Cochrane District but more may exist)

Note: Last winter, an Eastern Towhee also visited a feeder 14 km east of Timmins and remained from December 2016 until march 2017 (It was found deceased after a cold spell in March)

South Porcupine is 710 km north of Toronto.

For more information on this sighting, don't hesitate to contact me.

Roxane Filion

South Porcupine, ON

roxanefilion7 at hotmail.com