[Ontbirds] OFO Outing Saturday Jan. 6, 2018 - Leslie St. Spit (aka Tommy Thompson Park)

Garth Riley rileygv at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 09:04:02 EST 2018

Hello everyone,
As you are aware we are experiencing a period of extreme cold with temperatures Saturday morning forecast to be -23C feeling like -32C. As such Dan and I have decided that we will not venture out onto the Leslie Street Spit out of concern for participants safety. Instead we will be leading a shortened outing, focusing on areas of open water along the shoreline where we can have relatively easy access to our vehicles.
We will still meet at the base of the Leslie St. Spit at 9 AM for those birders who would like to add a few new species to their 2018 lists.
Welcome to the 2018 edition of the Polar Vortex.
Good birding,Dan and Garth
Garth Riley Etobicoke, Ontario rileygv at yahoo.com