[Ontbirds] Lincoln's Sparrows- Square One Mall- Mississauga

David Szmyr David.Szmyr at flemingcollege.ca
Thu Jan 11 19:53:47 EST 2018

Hi all,

Further to Luc's previous post, I visited this same location before noon today. I was quite surprised to find not 1, but instead 2 Lincoln's Sparrows present!

It would be interesting to know the number of times more than a single individual has been confirmed overwintering while in the same location, within Ontario.

The location of these two is even more bizarre! Thought I was seeing double.

For those who use or follow eBird, you can check out the link below to see both birds remarkably together:

Directions as per Luc's previous post.

Square One is off Burnhamthorpe Rd West of Hurontario.
Park just east of the Bus terminal and walk to the Police Station.

Good birding,

Dave Szmyr