[Ontbirds] Townsend's Solitaire - Yes

Ethan Gosnell ethan.gosnell2 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 18:22:17 EST 2018

For all of those who want it for the year, or missed it last (me), the
Townsend's Solitaire that MacNeal found last November still continues
today. I haven't seen any updates on this listserv since Dan refound it on
the 16th, but I thought I'd let people know. It seems to be most reliable
in a small period shirtly after 9, then it dissapears for most of the day,
then reapears closer to 2. Also of note in the area was a Shrike and
Goldfinch involved in a high speed chase, as well as some Ring-necked
Pheasant around. There was another noteworthy sighting (also by Dan) of an
adult Northern Goshawk on 15 side road. Hope this helps others decide
whether or not to make the trip.
Good birding!