[Ontbirds] Townsend's Solitaire - Yes

Quinten Wiegersma qwiegersma at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 21 14:19:25 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

The Townsend's Solitaire continues in Dufferin near Shelburne (not that we expected it to go anywhere soon!)

It took about an hour for the group to get a visual on it, however members of the group heard it calling off and on long before it was seen. I actually missed it the first time because Owen Ridgen and I were busy looking at Pine Siskins (which were numerous), however thankfully it showed up again and we saw it sitting on the fence behind one of the houses. So, I suppose if you aren't having any luck peering into the bushes, take a look, and you might see it on a fence post!

The bird is located in 4th Line near Shelburne. It has been observed around the bushes (and fences) around the two houses, so if you stand there long enough, you should be able to see it.

Good birding,

Quinten Wiegersma

London, Ont

https://birdsbugsbotany.blogspot.ca/