[Ontbirds] West Perth Wetlands - GREAT WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE (and more)

Dave & Tracey Brown thebrowns at ezlink.ca
Fri Mar 30 23:17:23 EDT 2018

Hey folks,

The water levels at the West Perth Wetlands are near perfect and there were plenty of waterfowl to be found this evening.

The highlight was a lone GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE in the NE cell (right behind the processing plant).  It was swimming around with a large number of Canada Geese. This is only the second GWFG I’ve seen at this site.

Where the waterfowl were spotted:

First cell behind the parking lot
Hooded Mergansers
Buffleheads
Ring-necked Ducks
Mallards
Canada Geese

Cell behind the processing plant
Greater White-fronted Goose
Canada Geese
Ring-necked Ducks
Mallards

Cell at the back SE corner
Tundra Swans (119)
American Wigeons
Gadwalls
Common Mergansers
Northern Shovelers
Green-winged Teal
Canada Geese
Mallards

For a couple of pics of the GWFG check out my eBird checklist at the following link:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44106586

Good birding!
Dave B