[Ontbirds] Yellow-crowned Night Heron, South Baymouth, Manitoulin

Dominik Halas d.halas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 13:15:39 EDT 2018

While waiting for the ferry, I found a juvenile Yellow-crowned Night Heron
perched on the dock on the southern edge of the marina at South Baymouth on
Manitoulin. The marina is immediately to the west of the entrance to the
Chi-Cheemaun ferry dock. Unfortunately, the bird flew inland about half an
hour ago and I haven't been able to refind it (and my ferry is about to
leave) but if it's anything like the Toronto bird from 2014, it's likely to
stay around for a while. I'll post photos to eBird this evening.