[Ontbirds] Sandbanks Park: American Avocets

Jon Ruddy accipitriformes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:34:32 EDT 2018

The Avocets returned and landed within 100 m of us while we were on the
beach. Took a bunch of photos this time around. They flew NW and were quite
flighty as there are still many beach goers. Outlet Beach near the outlet
rivermouth is almost clear of people, so I’m hoping they return and settle
down here.

Directions: Sandbanks Provincial Park, Outlet Beach, is located off of
County 12. Once in the park continue to the last parking lot before the
bridge that crosses the Outlet River. Park there and walk straight west to
the beach.

Regards
--
Jon Ruddy