[Ontbirds] Prothonotary Warbler at Point Pelee this morning

Kit Kat canadian_kitkat at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 19:32:33 EDT 2018

Mike Austin and I found a Prothonotary Warbler at Point Pelee this morning.  I realize it might not be a really rare bird anymore at Pelee but finding one this late in the year was pretty exciting.
We had seen it on the Red Bud Trail, it was half way between the clearing and the southern end of the Red Bud Trail (in the S curve part of the trail).
Happy Birding everyone!
Kit McCann
Directions to get to Point Pelee National ParkFrom Leamington take Seacliffe Drive East (which turns into Mersea Road 1), turn right (South) on Mersea Road 19 and take that to the end and turn right at the end (which is Mersea Road E) head West as there is construction on Pelee Drive.  When you come to the end of that road you make a left on Pelee Drive.