[Ontbirds] Black-legged Kittiwake - Buffalo

Joseph Fell jfell2000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 19:17:01 EDT 2018

I had a Black-legged Kittiwake at Unity Island this afternoon. This was the
first time I had a kittiwake in adult plumage. There are very poor photos
on eBird.

Mike G with Pat M and Kyle B found a very close Little Gull (and I believe
a second across the River in Fort Erie). Kevin Rybczynski’s Sabine’s Gull
eluded is all.

I hope folks keep scanning the growing numbers of Bonaparte’s Gulls on the
Niagara River for those less common species!

I though our friends in Canada might appreciate a heads up on some of these
birds, as they could just as easily appear on that side of the river.

Joe Fell
Buffalo, NY

Jfell2000 at gmail.com