[Ontbirds] Slaty-backed Gull - Brantford - Mohawk Lake

Richard Poort richard.poort at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:34:46 EST 2018

Today at about 1 pm I stopped in at Mohawk Lake and found a Slaty-backed
Gull. The gulls flush very easily, so walk up very slowly after you park.
The gulls all flushed due to an eagle or vulture when I was there, but they
did start to come back.

Another interesting gull that noticed earlier looked like a hybrid of LBBG
x HEGU

Cheers,
Rich

Best viewed from Greenwich St.
Take Garden Ave exit off the 403, head south to Colborne, take that west to
Locks Rd.
Locks Rd turns into Mohawk St.
Turn north onto Greenwich Ave and the lake is on the north side (your right)
There are a few spots to park and look from along the road.