[Ontbirds] Fwd: Slaty-backed Gull - Brantford - Mohawk Lake

Sarah Lamond sarah.lamond at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:32:57 EST 2018

The Slaty-backed Gull has been at the Brantford Landfill for the last hour.

The landfill is on Morrison Street off of Mohawk Street, near Mohawk Lake.

Sarah Lamond

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Poort via ONTBIRDS <birdalert at ontbirds.ca<mailto:birdalert at ontbirds.ca>>
Date: December 11, 2018 at 8:34:46 PM EST
To: ONTBIRDS <birdalert at ontbirds.ca<mailto:birdalert at ontbirds.ca>>
Subject: [Ontbirds] Slaty-backed Gull - Brantford - Mohawk Lake

Today at about 1 pm I stopped in at Mohawk Lake and found a Slaty-backed
Gull. The gulls flush very easily, so walk up very slowly after you park.
The gulls all flushed due to an eagle or vulture when I was there, but they
did start to come back.

Another interesting gull that noticed earlier looked like a hybrid of LBBG
x HEGU

Cheers,
Rich

Best viewed from Greenwich St.
Take Garden Ave exit off the 403, head south to Colborne, take that west to
Locks Rd.
Locks Rd turns into Mohawk St.
Turn north onto Greenwich Ave and the lake is on the north side (your right)
There are a few spots to park and look from along the road.