[Ontbirds] Long Point Bird Observatory closure

Stu Mackenzie stu.a.mackenzie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 22:06:23 EDT 2020

Dear Ontario birders,
In response to the ongoing global pandemic, Long Point Bird Observatory will be closed to the public and volunteers until further notice. This includes access to the Old Cut Research Station property and woodlot. All beaches, parks and trails in Norfolk County are also closed. Please do not visit.

The health and welfare of our staff, volunteers, visitors and our community of Long Point-Port Rowan is paramount and we thank everyone for respecting this closure.

LPBO and Birds Canada were founded on the principles of volunteerism and teamwork. This is the first time in 60 years when members of our ever-expanding community won’t step foot on Long Point.

We wish everyone the best of health and strength in these trying times.

For more information about the response of Birds Canada to COVID-19 visit birdscanada.org

Good patch-birding,

Stu

Stuart A. Mackenzie

Director, Migration Ecology
Birds Canada
PO Box 160, 115 Front Rd.
Port Rowan, ON. N0E 1M0
Office: 519-586-3531 x 162 | Mobile: 820-6040
smackenzie at birdscanada.org