[Ontbirds] Toronto Island Birding during the Covid 19 Crisis

Norm Murr normurr at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 9 14:34:36 EDT 2020

I hope I’m talking for Islanders and birders but the times are not normal.

Some of my Toronto Island Friends and Residents have informed me that they have seen a couple of birders ? down there in the last week and I noticed that one birder posted his sightings on ebird.

For their own safety and the safety of Island residents and the ferry operators I would hope that anyone planning on birding The Islands during this on going crisis should give it a second thought and stay away.

There will be another bird migration next year and even a slight chance that one may be able to safely go to the Islands this coming Fall.

There has already been a case of Covid 19 found among the residents so why take a chance but most of all why take the chance that one could unknowingly take it there with them.

Please think of others (there are a lot of children and seniors living there) even if you don’t worry about yourself.

Be safe, and stay home or please at least stay away from The Islands.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill, ON