[Ontbirds] OFO COVID-19 Update: June Field Trip and Convention Cancellations

Lynne Freeman lynnef.to at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:53:18 EDT 2020

 We hope this message finds you all well. Sadly, our province is still in
the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and this has necessitated further
cancellations.

*June Field Trips and Annual Convention*

Since the situation continues to be uncertain, the OFO Board has decided to
cancel all June field trips. We have also made the difficult decision to
cancel this year’s convention, which was to take place September 25-27th in
Peterborough. It is unlikely that a gathering of 250 people will be allowed
then.

*What we are doing instead*

Our June workshops will be going online, so you can still enjoy learning
about birds from OFO experts. Details will be announced soon. We will also
be highlighting places to safely bird during the summer on our Facebook
page and website. If you choose to go birding, please follow federal,
provincial and municipal guidelines regarding COVID-19 as restrictions on
non-essential travel, physical distancing and party size are still in
effect and subject to change.

We are looking at other options for our convention, including online
involvement for members. Our convention is also OFO’s AGM and this year we
will hold it online. We plan to hold the 2021 convention in Leamington and
the 2022 convention in Peterborough.

More information will be coming in Call Notes.

*Ontbirds Reboot*

With the continued uncertainty, we have decided to hold of on posting of
rare bird sightings on Ontbirds for a little while longer. However, our
plan to split Ontbirds into two Listservs is well under way. One Listserv
will be exclusively for rare bird alerts and the second for all other
matters including regional reports, hawk watch results, and announcements.

Thanks for your continued support during this difficult time.

--
Lynne Freeman
OFO President on behalf of the OFO Board
lynnef.to at gmail.com